UPDATE Wakefield: Arrest Made following Hit & Run that Left Bystander Critical

    The NYPD have made an arrest following a hit & run incident in Wakefield that left a 49-year-old man with critical injuries.   It was reported to police that on Friday, April 22, at 8.15 a.m., the person arrested allegedly stole a white 2002 Mitsubishi flatbed truck that had been parked in front of a lumber yard located at 4527 White Plains Road.   At 8.17 a.m., as the vehicle was traveling northbound on White Plains Road, it struck a 49-year-old man who had been standing beside his vehicle, a grey Chevy Silverado pick-up truck.     The


Read More

Norwood Man Sentenced to Two Years for Possession of Ghost Guns

Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark announced on Tuesday, April 26, that a Norwood man has been sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to criminal possession of a weapon for possessing six “ghost guns,” assault-style rifles that he built from parts, along with components to assemble two more guns.   According to the investigation, on November 20, inside the Norwood home of Peter Rivera, 67, the defendant, of 300 Reservoir Place, a search warrant was executed in which investigators recovered six completed assault-style rifles, none with serial numbers, as well as firearm components capable of being assembled


Read More

Man Arrested following Assault on 79-Year-Old Bus Passenger

  A 30-year-old man has been arrested following an assault on a 79-year-old bus passenger aboard the BX12 bus according to police.   The NYPD had been asking for the public’s help locating the man seen in the attached photo and video who was sought in connection with the incident that occurred aboard the bus traveling in the area south of Co-op City.   Police said, “On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 15.28 hours (3.28 p.m.) aboard a BX12 MTA bus in the vicinity of Bartow Avenue and Edson Avenue, an unidentified disorderly male spat at the victim, a 79-year-old


Read More

Man Opens Fire at Fordham Road Subway Station Firing Multiple Rounds

  The NYPD is asking for the public’s help identifying the individuals seen in the attached video who are sought in connection to a reckless endangerment incident which occurred in transit on the number 4 subway line. It was reported to police that on Saturday, April 16, at approximately 1.50 a.m., an unidentified individual displayed a gun on a northbound number 4 subway approaching the Fordham Road subway station in the Fordham Manor section of The Bronx and discharged it multiple times. No injuries were reported. The video recording of the incident is attached.   As reported by The Gothamist,


Read More

Two Men Charged with Attempted Murder for Assaulting & Shooting Woman inside Bronx Hotel

Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark announced on Friday, April 22, that two men were charged with attempted murder, assault, and additional charges for the shooting of a woman with whom they had engaged in prostitution, inside the Opera House Hotel, located at 436 East 149th Street in Mott Haven.   Clark said both defendants, Kadeem Thompson, 29, of Linden Boulevard, Queens, and Robert Harris, 34, of Livonia Avenue, Brooklyn, have been arraigned on a 25-count indictment.   The list of charges included attempted murder in the second-degree, three counts of first-degree assault, three counts of second-degree assault, two counts


Read More

UPDATE Arrest Made in Fatal Shooting of 34-Year-Old Man in Norwood

Police have charged a 36-year-old man in the ongoing murder investigation following an early morning fatal shooting in Norwood.   On Friday, April 22, at approximately 1.28 a.m., police responded to a 911 call regarding a man who had been shot near the corner of East Gun Hill Road and Webster Avenue in Norwood.   Upon arrival, officers observed a 34-year-old man, unconscious and unresponsive, with a gunshot wound to the torso. EMS responded to the location and transported the victim to Saint Barnabas Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.   A 36-year-old male, a person of interest, was taken


Read More

UPDATE Inquiring Photographer: Thoughts on Subway Safety following Brooklyn Mass Shooting

This week, following the recent mass subway shooting in Brooklyn, we asked residents if they feel safe riding the subway.   “At this point, I don’t feel safe. I don’t think anyone feels safe due to the system that we have. They had no cameras at the 25th Street station, still no cameras. They got him, of course. They got him, but that’s not the point. The point is you could have avoided this if you had the cameras because you’re supposed to have the cameras, no? With the rise in crime on the subways, you weren’t supposed to have


Read More

Mt Hope: Man & Woman in 60s, Victims of Home Invasion & Armed Robbery

  A 64-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman have survived a home invasion and robbery which occurred in the Mt. Hope section of The Bronx. The NYPD is asking for the public’s help identifying the individuals seen in the attached photos and video who are sought in connection to the incident.   It was reported to police that on Thursday, April 14, at approximately 5.45 p.m. at a home in the vicinity of Valentine Avenue and East Burnside Avenue, the 64-year-old male victim was approached by the group as he was entering his apartment.   At that point, they struck


Read More

Bronx Man Gets 25 Years for Murdering Girlfriend whose Body was Never Recovered

Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark announced on Monday, April 18, that a Bronx man has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison after being found guilty by a jury of second-degree murder for stabbing his girlfriend to death.   According to the investigation, on August 9, 2016, the victim, Juana Alvarez, 52, was reported missing. It is believed she lived with her then-boyfriend Miguel Bonilla, the defendant, and her dog. On August 22, 2016, Bonilla was arrested for not paying his subway fare. In a statement to police, he confessed to stabbing his girlfriend and disposing her body


Read More