Allerton: Four Men Shot in Non-Fatal Daylight Incident

  The NYPD is asking for the public’s assistance to identify the person seen in the attached photos and video who is sought in connection to a multiple, daylight shooting that took place in Allerton.   It was reported to police that on Friday, Sept. 9, at approximately. 4.40 p.m., at the Pelham Parkway NYCHA Development, located at 2250 Wallace Avenue in Allerton, four men were sitting on a bench in front of the location when the unidentified shooter approached them, displayed a gun, and fired at them multiple times.   Police said a 26-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound


Read More

Norwood: Man and Woman Shot amid Dispute

  A man and a woman have been shot amid a dispute in Norwood. The NYPD is asking for the public’s assistance locating the individual seen in the attached video and photo who is sought in connection to the shooting.   It was reported to police that on Saturday, Sept. 10, at around 3.25 a.m., a group of individuals, which included a 27-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman, were in front of 3059 Webster Avenue.   Police said the man got into an verbal dispute with an unknown assailant, and the assailant subsequently took out a gun and fired it


Read More

Morris Heights: 41-Year-Old Man Dies following Fatal Stabbing

A 41-year-old man has died following a stabbing incident in Morris Heights.   An NYPD spokesperson said, “On Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022, at approximately 19.20 hours, police responded to a 911 call of a male stabbed in front of 20 Richmond Plaza, within the confines of the 46 Precinct.”   The man was transported to St. Barnabas Hospital with a stab wound to the left side of the neck, and was pronounced deceased, according to police. “There are no arrests and the investigation remains ongoing,” the NYPD spokesperson said. The deceased has been identified as Perlon Felder, 41, of Morris


Read More

University Heights: Andrews Avenue Shootout leaves Female NYPD Officer Wounded

  The NYPD is seeking the public’s help identifying several young men who are sought in connection with a shootout that left a civilian employee of the NYPD wounded.   Police officials say that officers from the 52nd Precinct were called to 2226 Andrews Avenue North in University Heights at 8:20 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 2, when gunfire was reported. One police source told Norwood News, “Two unknown male individuals that were part of a large group engaged in a verbal dispute with an unknown individual.”   The source added, “As the dispute turned physical, the two unknown males displayed


Read More

UPDATE Fordham Heights: 21-Year-Old Man Dead following Fatal Shooting

A 21-year-old man has died following a fatal shooting which took place on the border of Fordham Heights and Mt. Hope.   On Thursday, Sept. 1, at around 4.05 p.m., police responded to a 911 call regarding a person who had been shot inside an apartment at 2000 Valentine Avenue, located in the 46th Precinct.   “Upon arrival, officers observed a 21-year-old male unconscious and unresponsive with a gunshot wound to the body,” police said. “EMS transported the victim to St. Barnabas Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.”   There were no initial arrests and the investigation remained ongoing. Pursuant to


Read More

East Bronx: Group of Five Sought in Armed Robbery of Two Men

The NYPD is appealing to the public for help locating and identifying the five people seen in the attached photos who are sought in connection with a gunpoint robbery that occurred in the East Bronx, located in the 47th Precinct.   It was reported to police that on Sunday, August 25, at 3.10 a.m., in front of 3550 Boston Road in the Laconia section of the East Bronx, the group of five approached a 46-year-old male victim and a 63-year-old male victim who were seated at the location. One suspect displayed a gun and the others robbed the victims of


Read More

Bronx Gang Member Admits to 2017 Soundview Murder of 16-Year-Old Luis Vargas

Damian Williams with the U.S. Attorneys Office for the Southern District of New York announced on Tuesday, Aug. 30, that Nyshiem Spencer a/k/a “Willy,” pled guilty on Tuesday, in Manhattan federal court before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jennifer Willis, to charges relating to his involvement in a shooting on Oct. 31, 2017, in the vicinity of the Soundview Houses in The Bronx, which resulted in the murder of Luis Vargas, 16, along with injuries to two other individuals, including a 15-year-old child.   In the context of the announcement, Williams said, “On Oct. 31, 2017, Nyshiem Spencer opened fire in the


Read More

Bedford Park: Two Sought following Early Morning Robbery at Knifepoint

  The NYPD is asking for the public’s help identifying the two people seen in the attached photos who are sought for questioning in connection to a robbery that occurred in Bedford Park at the weekend.   It was reported to police that on Sunday, Aug. 7, at around 3.10 a.m. in the vicinity of East 204th Street and Grand Concourse in Bedford Park, a 51-year-old female victim and a 53-year-old male victim were approached by two unidentified men who displayed a knife and stole the victim’s personal property before fleeing the location. No physical injuries were reported following the


Read More

UPDATE Williamsbridge: Two Arrested following Fatal Shooting of 41-Year-Old Man and Injury of Second Man

The NYPD said two people have been arrested following the fatal shooting of a 41-year-old man, as well as the nonfatal shooting of a second man, who was hospitalized following the incident which took place in the Williamsbridge section of The Bronx on Saturday, Aug. 27.   Police officials said that at around 1.29 p.m. on the day in question, officers from the 47th Precinct responded to a 911 call regarding a man who had been shot at the intersection of East 214th Street and Wilson Avenue.   “Upon arrival, officers observed a 41-year-old male, unconscious and unresponsive with a


Read More